The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2019. They should be used as a general guide.
Applicants are normally expected to meet the following requirements:
- significant experience (normally one to two years) working as a youth worker or other relevant experience.
- current employment for at least six hours per week as a youth worker in a paid or voluntary capacity
- successful completion of foundation-level youth work training or related recognition of skills and understanding in youth work (normally assessed at NVQ levels 2 or 3).
- computer access with word processing facilities and internet.
- you will need a qualified and experienced mentor for each full year. If the cost is not met by your sponsoring employer, you may need to pay up to £600-£700 per year in addition to your course fees. Consent from your employer to support mentoring, assessment and workplace learning opportunities is required.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.