The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2020. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and experience
Applicants must have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- an overseas degree in pharmacy normally with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- satisfactory adjudication of qualifications by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- achievement of 40% or above in the online pharmaceutical calculations admission test
Applicants should have graduated in the last six years, or have a portfolio of evidence demonstrating continuing practice and training in pharmacy.
Applicants who have already been awarded a PGDip Pharmacy (OSPAP) from the University of Brighton are eligible for up to 120 credits accredited prior learning against this award. Those with equivalent qualifications wanting to apply for advanced standing will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants who have failed an OSPAP award from an alternative provider are ineligible.
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic) Level 7.0 or above in each parameter at one sitting. If you have been exempted by the General Pharmaceutical Council from an IELTS qualification you will not be required to have IELTS for an application to this course. Check this link for possible General Pharmaceutical Council exemptions. For exemptions under evidence types 1 and 2 in this guide, IELTS may still be needed if you are going to require a Tier 4 student visa for study.
If we make you an offer
Once you've accepted your offer, to fulfil professional requirements, you will be expected to provide evidence of the following:
- satisfactory DBS disclosure, and an overseas police check for international applicants
- satisfactory health declaration/clearance.