Degree and experience
Applicants must have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- an overseas degree in pharmacy normally with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- satisfactory adjudication of qualifications by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- achievement of 40% or above in the online pharmaceutical calculations admission test.
Applicants who have failed an OSPAP award from an alternative provider are ineligible.
COVID-19 vaccine requirement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement has been removed. Find out more about this decision.
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic) Level 7.0 or above in each parameter at one sitting. If you have been exempted by the General Pharmaceutical Council from an IELTS qualification you will not be required to have IELTS for an application to this course. Check this link for possible General Pharmaceutical Council exemptions. For exemptions under evidence types 1 and 2 in this guide, IELTS may still be needed if you are going to require a student visa for study.
If we make you an offer
We will ask you to pay a non-refundable £200 deposit to secure your place. This amount will be deducted from your course fees when you enrol on the course. If you are an international student requiring a visa to study, you will be asked for a further deposit (the international student tuition fee deposit) to secure your CAS at a later date.
To fulfil the professional requirements of the course you will also need to:
- provide a satisfactory overseas police check
- undergo a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- complete satisfactory Occupational Health checks.