The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2020. They should be used as a general guide.
To be considered for a place you should normally:
- have one year’s experience working in relevant employment context
- be currently working in a relevant setting with at least six hours per week of activity-focused time with groups of children and/or young people
- have agreement of your employer to support mentoring, assessment and workplace course activities
- hold an appropriate A-level OR a relevant NVQ/SVQ level 2 or other vocationally related NQF level 3 qualification OR an advanced modern apprenticeship in an appropriate subject
- have appropriate access to a computer and internet
- provide evidence of a valid DBS clearance at time of entry onto the programme (your DBS number will be recorded and held on your student file)
Claims for Recognition of Prior Learning will be considered in accordance with University guidance.
Interviews normally take place in person on our Falmer campus or in one of our partner schools. From March 2020, all interviews will take place over Skype.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each element. Find out more about the other English qualifications that we accept.