A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBC–CCC (112–96 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–MMM. You will be considered if your predicted grades fall within this range, but any offer will be made based on assessment of portfolio/interview.
Access to HE Diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 24 credits at merit or above.
At least English and maths GCSE at grade 4.
May enable you to start the course in year 2.
Direct entry to year 3: foundation degree or DipHE in related subject, or practical experience.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
A foundation diploma is not a requirement for entry – it is just one of a range of qualifications (for example, A level, BTEC or Access Diploma etc) that is accepted for admission to the course.
- Art and design foundation diploma.
- Interview and portfolio review.
Before you come for interview you will be asked to send an online portfolio to show us your work. We would like to see:
- completed film or video works and / or works in progress
- other art work (e.g. photography, drawing, installation)
- your ability to develop an idea from concept
- your potential to experiment and explore ideas and techniques
- any examples of written work (e.g. a previous essay about film or art)
- awareness of contemporary artists’ moving image
- awareness of film history or art history.
We recommend using Tumblr to create a simple portfolio or blog and YouTube or Vimeo for embedding video. Please note that it is not a strict requirement to have previous film and video work at interview stage – we welcome any creative portfolio and an interest in exploring moving image in future works.